- 2 cup(s) hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Position two racks as close to the center of the oven as possible; preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Pulse nuts and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture. Add vanilla and gently, but thoroughly, mix until combined.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for five minutes.
- Gently transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the baking sheets are thoroughly cooled, repeat with the remaining batter.