Homemade applesauce is something we all enjoy. In addition to accompanying many traditional American dishes, it also makes a yummy snack.
- 4 apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan (or a slow cooker).
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Allow for the ingredients to cool and then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Serve with a few slices of fresh apples to give your child the perfect snack.