Recipes don't have to be elaborate to satisfy the taste buds. Enjoy this delicious basil pesto—great to spread on sandwiches or to use as a dip.
- 2 cups of packed fresh basil leaves, (2-3 bunches)
- 1/4 cup of walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 large clove of garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Place basil, walnuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, oil, water, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times and then process until fairly smooth or until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place in a bowl and serve with veggies and sandwiches!