This recipe is courtesy of Special K.
- 1 small sweet potato (about 6 oz.)
- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 5 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- Scrub potato and trim the ends. Prick the skin in several places with a fork. Place it in a shallow, microwave-safe dish.
- Micro-cook, loosely covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until very tender, turning dish every two minutes. Let the potato stand until it's cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, brush the chicken on both sides with oil. Rub jerk seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the chicken over a medium-low heat for about six minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Add beans, tomato and broth to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about five minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir the onions into bean mixture.
- Meanwhile, use a spoon to scoop pulp from the potato. Slightly mash potato. Stir in butter. Return to microwave-safe dish.
- Micro-cook, loosely covered, about one minute or until heated through.
- Spoon onto serving plate. Top with chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately and enjoy!